ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Schinzer <c.schin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Automated Order Fulfillment integration via mail-exchange - any experience out there?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:33:33 GMT
Hello,

I am asked to integrate with a mailing mechanism for order fulfillment, ie.
Supplier wants mails sent when orders are being confirmed with OBFiz. At the
same time I will be getting a nightly confirmation and status information
from Supplier over all pending orders by mail as an attachment.

While I have ideas for full automation about the former (define ECA, write
service, send mail) I am not so sure about the latter.
In principle I would follow the same logic, ie. define ECA, store file
attachment, process it and update the orders. The questions I would have are
as follows::

- I would use a OFBiz-managed mail account to receive mail; how do I
integrate OFBiz with my mailing architecture for mail reception ? Probably
some config somewhere in the framework?
- How can I use the mail-received event and translate to an ECA ?
- How do I detach the file attachment, store it and process it ? Are all
required tools on board with OFBiz?

If anyone has made relevant experience or has done the same thing already, I
would appreciate some hints.
Thanks & regards

Carsten