ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From tony marcus <tony.marcus1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ofbiz on mobile & embedded devices
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:02:07 GMT
Well Jacques, this is one our plan-Bs to have a mobile-client built
from ground-up around jPOS (since its distribution jar size is also
very small i.e. ~700KB, though not sure again if it supports mobile
devices) in case ofbiz thing doesn't work for us. Please suggest!!

regards,
Tony Marcus

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Jacques Le Roux
<jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
> The POS is built to work in such situation. But it's really built around
> JavaPOS and I don't know if you can adapt it to this use
> case. Because of course it needs a DB (hence a hard disk) and at the very
> least 256 MB of RAM (not sure 256 will even be sufficient)
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "tony marcus" <tony.marcus1980@gmail.com>
>>
>> I understand your apprehensions BJ, but the disconnected-mode is one
>> of the main requirements/features that my client wants to have built
>> in to his project so we are really looking towards having it worked
>> out. Any suggestion/clue/hint in this regard will really be helpful
>> for us.
>>
>> regards,
>> Tony Marcus
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:34 AM, BJ Freeman <bjfree@free-man.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> this has been a problem since the days of multiuser databass.
>>> I recommend you steer away from having disconnnected system.

>>> BJ Freeman
>>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
>>> <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/control/forum?forumId=SUPPLYCHAIN>
>>>
>>> Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com>
>>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>>
>>> Chat Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>>
>>> tony marcus sent the following on 6/22/2011 7:40 PM:

OFBiz.