ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From tony marcus <tony.marcus1...@gmail.com>
Subject ofbiz on mobile & embedded devices
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:29:05 GMT
Hi All,

We are quite new to ofbiz but feature wise it seem to have almost all
the functionality that we need. But there are few issues which we are
not sure on how to resolve.

Requirement here is to build a client application based on ofbiz
framework which is targeted to mobile devices and embedded devices. So
the first issue is framework's size itself, which quite huge for
mobile devices. Please suggest on how to reduce that to as small as
possible. If not, then at least can just the POS client part of it be
extracted and made run on mobile/embedded devices?

Secondly, since it has to on run mobile devices we need to compile it
using j2me, but that not not happening. Please suggest on how to do
that or if there is any other implementation of Java SDK that can
help?

Thanks in advance and looking forward your replies.

regards,
Tony Marcus