ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Ofbiz on Ubuntu with Apache front
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 06:36:36 GMT
Hi Gavin,

It should not be difficult to do it on Ubuntu. I will suggest you to use
Apache mod_proxy and mod_proxy_ajp. You just need to configure your
virtual host and you don't need to change any thing OFBiz side. Wiki
page you mentioned have pretty much every thing you need to do.

Ubuntu Apache web server structure is different than other Linux
distributions such as RedHat. Virtual hosts in Ubuntu are configured in
/etc/apache2/site-available and /etc/apache2/site-enabled. "a2ensite".
To enable modules you can use "a2enmod" command line utility. Apache
module configuration files are in /etc/apache2/mod-enabled and
/etc/apache2/mod-available/

So steps to get the job done are:

1. Create your virtual host in /etc/apache2/site-available folder
following the instruction on wiki page.
2. Enable the required modules using he commands mentioned above. You
will need mod_proxy, mod_proxy_ajp and may be mod_rewrite.
3. Enable your virtual host using a2ensite <virtual host file name>
4. Restart the Apache web server.

Thanks,

Raj