ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: hiding functionality in ofbiz.
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:15:10 GMT
I agree that many application are a hog pog, no business sense to them,
just functionality.
I vote for Roles permissions, with role groups. This way a company can
define  a beginner, to any roles and/or groups they want.

But first I think a definition, of the intutiveness of the UI should be
addressed, which goes against the current thinking of just putting up
functtinoality based on the Enitity layout.

If the business flow is in the UI there won't be much need for hiding
functionality since the more complex functions would be naturally hidden.

So if the permissions are in the menu then you don't have to go down
into the pages, though one can. Just have to have permission on the
pages which has sort of fallen through the cracks.

This should be done at the Menu level as a I suggested many years ago.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 4/26/2011 7:20 AM: