ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Funambol Integration (was: Entities Id as VARCHAR)
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 20:48:43 GMT
Ho, it should run on trunk, I used r1055454. I will try to see the status tomorrow morning...
The Jira was almost done but I got
very busy since then...

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com>
> Nothing is impossible.
>
> I would be interested in taking a look at it - even if it doesn't run on the current
trunk.

> -Adrian
>
> On 4/6/2011 9:37 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hé wait Adrian, during fall I have already re-written their Funambol module, with
doc ready and all. It's just that I have not
>> enough time to publish it on Jira (was done for previous client in a custom app).
I just need to test it again in OFBiz OOTB...

>> If you are interested there is only one point I could not handle (and I think it's
impossible)
>> https://core.forge.funambol.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=405&dsMessageId=139101
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com>
>>> Opentaps going with Hibernate (and Spring) was a useless effort, in my opinion.
>>>
>>> Coincidentally, I'm currently working on rewriting their Funambol module so it
will run on plain OFBiz, and I can assure you,
>>> adding those technologies does nothing more than make a simple task unnecessarily
complicated.

>>> OFBiz has the ability to generate UI artifacts from the database.
>>>
>>> -Adrian

OFBiz

VARCHAR.

it far more difficult to keep track of foreign keys. The nice
name is that you can use that same name on other entities/tables

for relationships between entities, and there are thousands of these
a long way toward making things easier to understand and maintain.

VARCHAR for entities Id,
Another thing is the