ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From James McGill <james.mcg...@ableengineering.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying OFBiz screens
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:48:31 GMT
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM, wdOnOFBiz <wdaccache@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the much appreciated response.
>
> I tried to use the hidden tag and was able to hide specific fields on the
> form.
>
> Could you tell me how I could hide a complete form? (Say Payments in
> Invoices)

If you want to hide an entire form, you can usually do this by
locating the *Screens.xml from which it is referenced, and removing a
section (or 'decorator-section') from there.

When you do this, it's fairly common that you want to keep
functionality available to one set of users and hide it from others.
One common way to do that is to use conditional widgets
in a section, example
"applications/humanres/widget/RecruitmentScreens.xml#FindJobRequisitions"

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ