ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Anne <a...@cohsoft.com.au>
Subject Re: Migrating from release 9.04 to 10.04
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 23:32:28 GMT
Hi

I don't know about the specifics of 9.04 to 10.04, but there are some
comments that apply for any upgrade.

If you've changed the standard UI files, then upgrade might be
difficult. It depends on the types of changes you made. However if you
followed the recommendations and placed all your custom code under
hot-deploy, upgrade should be much simpler.

Notice I said "simpler" and not "simple". You'll need to upgrade a
development system first, and test thoroughly. Unless your changes are
minor, things will probably be broken and you'll have to fix them.

Hopefully someone else can comment on the specifics of 9.04 vs 10.04.

Cheers,
Anne.

On 8 March 2011 01:13, rrhati2010 <rr.hati@tcs.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wanted to know how easily we can migrate from 9.04 version to 10.04
> version of OFBiz. I have done lot of UI changes for various OFBiz
> applications. If a directly go and replace the UI changed files in version
> 10.4, am I going to miss any major changes found in 10.4 version of OFBiz.
>

> Is there any document available on migration of versions in OFBiz?
>
> Any one can help me out on this please???
>
> Thanks
>
> -----
> RRH
> --

Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773
Cheltenham Vic 3192
Phone: (03) 9585 6788
Fax: (03) 9585 1086
Web: http://www.cohsoft.com.au/
Email: sales@cohsoft.com.au

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/