ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Hardik Handa <Hardik.Ha...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Drop down menu with category and subCategory of the same problem
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:28:46 GMT
I have done all this . Have reffered to sidedeepcategory.ftl and sideepcategory.groovy in ecommerce
store for implementation. You are actually not understanding my question mate. I have done
all the basic framework activities ! Kindly read my first mail again attaching it again here
for your reference.

i was able to get the top level element i.e. category but the subcategory list is a bit dicey.
For example whenever i click widgets all the elements in the menu bar on mousemove over give
subcategory list of the Widgets, if i click gadgets all of the elements show subcategory list
for gadgets !

-----Original Message-----
From: BJ Freeman [mailto:bjfree@free-man.net]
Sent: 22 February 2011 AM 11:39
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Drop down menu with category and subCategory of the same problem

if you look in products/widgets (trunk or 10.4) you will see the code
that generates screens and menus. also the data is martialed in the
groovy files, either called out in the Widget or in the web-inf/action
folder with the name of the ftl file, defined in the widget.
The look and feel of these screens are controlled by the code in the
themes folder.
so if you want to change functionality work with the widgets.
if you want you own look and feel then create a new theme.

hope that helps

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Hardik Handa sent the following on 2/21/2011 9:58 PM:
> What are you using presently ???

as in my knowledge base in middle level ! All i wanted was that could you solve my problem,
which i have already mentioned FYI everything is set in accordance to ofbiz framework. With
reference to my first mail could you solve my problem i am pasting in the code
>>           <ul class="cufon topnav">
>> 	<#list topLevelList as category>
>>             <li class="first_child"><@categoryList parentCategory="" category=category
/>

>> 	<#if (Static["org.ofbiz.product.category.CategoryWorker"].checkTrailItem(request,
category.getString("productCategoryId"))) || (curCategoryId?exists&&   curCategoryId
== category.productCategoryId)>
>> 	<#assign subCatList = Static["org.ofbiz.product.category.CategoryWorker"].getRelatedCategoriesRet(request,
"subCatList", category.getString("productCategoryId"), true)>
>> 	<#if subCatList?exists>
>>
>>         <ul class="subnav">
>>         <#list subCatList as subCat>
>>             <li><@categoryList parentCategory=category category=subCat /></#list></li>
>>          </ul>
>>

>>       </#if>
>> </#if>
>> 	</#list>
>>             </li>
>>           </ul>
>> 	</#if>

to my query with your reply. Thanks in advance.

drop down options, i was able to get the top level element i.e. category but the subcategory
list is a bit dicey. For example whenever i click widgets all the elements in the menu bar
on mousemove over give subcategory list of the Widgets, if i click gadgets all of the elements
show subcategory list for gadgets ! Any Suggestions ?? Thanks in advance

for the named recipient(s) only.
Any views or opinions presented in
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of