ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: more than one unit of measue fo the same product: advice requested.
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:39:10 GMT
That sounds fair enough, I will do...

Thanks

Jacques

>I leave it up to you to further enhance it?
>
> Regards,
> Hans
>
> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 10:02 +0100, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Almost perfect: the product names are not used, and why not a specific icon for them?
>> Also I wonder if we should not widen the left panel? I guess this width has been
set when the most used screen resolution was
>> 800x600 it's now 1024x768
>>
>> Thanks for your time!
>>
>> Jacques

>> > category/catalog tree updated in r1063625
>> >
>> > thanks for your comments!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Hans

is only Ids in it, at least we should rather have the

by Jacques (thanks for this) should be considered a
relationship; as a side note, the same issue (validity

*.gro*,*.ftl,*.java files. Of course I did not

earlier and you haven't really mentioned why it wouldn't work for
couple of days I could show you what I mean with some example entity xml

not really in favor of using the isVirtual=Y/isVariant=Y combination
possible for a product to have that combination in real life and
 Imagine a variant that is itself also a virtual with its own

help appreciated.

and boxes of ten.

denominator and has a variant
which is an alternative
have an adjusted price but no

of the virtual- and variant

E Jones wrote:
> [...]
have one product that represents the individual items (which may or may not
customer), and one that is a product that represents the box and that is associated
there are a few different product types you can choose from to have the system
automatically, or you can use plain old Finished Good to handle the boxes manually.

the three fields already on the Product entity:

12oz soda cans you would have quantityIncluded=12, quantityUomId=oz, > >>>

wrote:

> [...]
idea, but then how does the system
pieces in a box? I still what to have
pieces.
between the uom's for this

Scott Gray wrote:
> [...]
but why not just use different products for different UOMs?  You could use >
the UOM to be selectable on a single product page and also marketing packages to >
for the desired UOM from the base UOM.

Bakker wrote:

> [...]
'productUomAlternatives' table to the
for example from pieces to boxes with an
percentage.
only one uom where everything gets

-0700, BJ Freeman wrote:
> [...]
store will have boxes, Sacks, and loose feed.
model for the Uom Measure
made it allow multiple UOM.

converts from what is received in inventory to
through the Uom. for instance a feed store
and then sacks it as inventory is required.
have to be checked  to see how many in a product
up the grain. This Triggers an Seca.

would be that the could generates the product data
based on the Uoms that were generated for the
the same model for inventory levels on the

following on 10/2/2010 4:29 AM:
community:

products are sold with different units of measure.

of 10, per box of 50 and per gram gold weight.

how to implement that?

to show up in e-commerce, orders, shipments and

Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
services for competitive rates.