ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "James Lawton" <jam...@tofinosoftware.com>
Subject RE: How to import a pre existing product database
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:16:31 GMT
Thanks

I must be missing the spot in web tools it has a complete list of the field names - could
you point that out again? For example what is the right field name for the manufacturer /
supplier? I did take that out the db....

Thanks
James

-----Original Message-----
From: BJ Freeman [mailto:bjfree@free-man.net]
Sent: November-30-10 11:42 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to import a pre existing product database

there should be more to the log that would pinpoint what is going on.
I am guessing it is your input to the form, since this has not been changed 09.
if you look at the file mentioned you will see
                <script
location="component://webtools/webapp/webtools/WEB-INF/actions/datafile/viewdatafile.groovy"/>
that is where the error referenced.

your xml(not xsd) should have field names as you see them in webtools.
when you have underscores like manufacturer_party_id then that is what is in the db but ofbiz
will not recognize it in Webtools or code.

James Lawton sent the following on 11/30/2010 7:34 PM:

> I think I am getting closer - thanks for the tips and the patience!
>
> I have been through all the files and here is what I have gotten when running my definition
file through the data tools

> org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen [component://webtools/widget/MiscScreens.xml#viewdatafile]:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: definitionUrl for class: viewdatafile
(No such property: definitionUrl for class: viewdatafile)

> Here is the xsd file I was running:
>

> <data-file name="itemdatabasereport.txt" separator-style="delimited" type-code="UTF-8"
>      delimiter="&#009" text-delimiter=""
>      description="this takes the product data from jeffs file"
>      has-header="true">
>      <record name="Product">
>          <field name="manufacturer_party_id" ignored="false" type="String"/>
>          <field name="productId" ignored="false" type="String"/>
>          <field name="primaryProductCategoryId" expression="true"
>              default-value="tools" type="String"/>
>          <field name="productTypeId" expression="true"
>              default-value="FINISHED_GOOD" type="String"/>
>          <field name="productName" ignored="false" type="String"/>
>          <field name="description" ignored="false" type="String"/>
>          <field name="quantityIncluded" expression="true" default-value="1"
>              type="String"/>
>          <field name="price" ignored="true" type="String"/>
>      </record>
> </data-file>
>

> What's wrong with my definition file which is causing the data tool to throw up?
>
> Thanks
> James

x 1-59/64 CARBIDE DREAM DRILL W/O COOLANT HOLES (3XD)" price="22.13" priceCurrencyUomId="USD"
supplierPartyId="YG1" purchasePrice=""/>