ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: How to import a pre existing product database
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 06:36:12 GMT
I am not clear what you are doing.
the example you show is for an entity DataImportProduct
which does not exist in the OOTB ofbiz
take a look at

for tab examples.
also

=========================

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
James Lawton sent the following on 11/25/2010 6:36 PM:
> I am probably doing something stupid here...I have dug into the link that was posted
and it looks simple enough...however the code snippet is for a fixed width file rather than
a comma delimited file...and my attempts to create the right schema for importing product
are failing...If someone has a CSV file snippet to share that would be awesome

> So heading in a different direction I created the entity data snippet below:
>
> <!-- this file contains some sample products for testing the data import routine -->
> <entity-engine-xml>
>
>      <DataImportProduct productId="YG0081ATF" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD" description="1/8
x 1-59/64 CARBIDE DREAM DRILL W/O COOLANT HOLES (3XD)" price="22.13" priceCurrencyUomId="USD"
supplierPartyId="YG1" purchasePrice=""/>
>      <DataImportProduct productId="YG0081BTF" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD" description="1/8
x 15/64 CARBIDE DREAM DRILL W/ COOLANT HOLE" price="105.73" priceCurrencyUomId="USD" supplierPartyId="YG1"
purchasePrice=""/>

> </entity-engine-xml>
>
> However every time I have tried to use the XML IMport tool it just keeps coming back
and saying that the either URL / file or the XML are not complete