ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Can´t create order from quote
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:39:54 GMT

I have never used this feature.
the code that creates this is
applications\order\script\org\ofbiz\order\quote
createQuoteFromCart

 From a business flow, I don't see a use for this the way it is written.
you making a quote for a product from a supplier, this means you need to
get the Suppliers Product Good ID, if your asking for price update to
that supplier.
createQuoteFromCart does not do this.
This requires you have the supplier product in the system already so you
have last price, which  also is not included in the quote process.
my experience in requesting a quote from a supplier usually means you
don't have it in ofbiz yet. so using the createQuoteFromCart will not
work as written.

if you have a need for this then I would suggest you review the code
against normal business flow and make the modifications to it.

my 2 cents.

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shereen sent the following on 11/16/2010 11:25 PM: