ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Deploying ofbiz as a war fie in jboss or tomcat, using java events as service layer
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 17:25:54 GMT
if you do a search of the archive you can get emails like this one
http://markmail.org/message/agloatj73734ov62
there are quite a few threads on the subject

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 11/2/2010 9:06 AM:

> Hello there
> Has anyone had any success in deploying any of the applications within ofbiz as a war
file in jboss or tomcat? We want to make sure we use j2ee based application server with all
goodies such as debugging etc and easy to pick up. I think you can deploy OFBiz as a war file.
Here is
>          an example -
>          https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/JBoss+4.2.2
>
> Has anyone done this before? Can anyone give scenarios where ofbiz java events fail and
certain things that could only be done in groovy or minilang or FTL only and not in java events?

> We are planning on developing ofbiz applications as java events on the service layer.
IF we pass the ofbiz contexts to other servers is ti possibe to retain all the context variable
values while passing it say from ofbiz to Tomcat and back like a forward to ofbiz. Has someone
tired this where they integrate ofbiz with jboss or tomcat etc? What are the recommended strategies
for it?