ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Kapil garg <gargka...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to View the Entities after Inducing msql DB
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:52:56 GMT

I d like to know what exact entities have been created .  Perhaps what has just happened after
successful induction? What does this induce do eventually?  What is the end result?Are there
a list of entities created mapped to tables in the database?Can I see them in webtools under
entity performance or somewhere? What all activities I could do with these entities if at
at all they are created? Can they be used in any other component? How so? If I were to use
them in Ecommerce component, do I need to add them in  that component's entity def folder?

Kapil Garg

> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:46:26 -0700
> From: bjfree@free-man.net
> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
> Subject: Re: how to View the Entities after Inducing msql DB
>
> please explain more what you mean by view
>
> =========================
> BJ Freeman
> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
> Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>
> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>

> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 11:33 AM:
> >
> > Hello All
> > I was able to induce successfully the database with some error for unknown primary
key without any group file or model file. I am not sure what was wrong with the

> >   I need to now view the entities.
> >
> > HOw do I do it?
> >

> > Kapil Garg
> >

> >> From: gargkapil@hotmail.com
> >> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
> >> Subject: RE: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
> >> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 03:47:41 +1000
> >>

> >> Sure Adrian
> >> Appreciate your reply.
> >> My question was while creating entity-group.xml file what is the entity name
I need to give? Does it map to some table name. IF I do create this file with entity attribute
then what do I need to put in entity-model.xml file for this entity?

> >> Kapil Garg

might be best to answer them one at a time.

my instructions will do that. Once you have that working, we can move on to the other questions.