ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Kapil garg <gargka...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:11:05 GMT

but if it is in a default group then do I need to create an enity-group.xml file? Since all
the groups within the default group do not have an entity-group.xml file I assumed creating
a datasource within a default group does not require an entity-group.xml file. There isnt
one for locaderby datasource which is a default one. But I could be wrong
While creating the enitygroup file what name do I need to give to Entity atritbute of  entity-group?
Random or schema name? Does each of this entity name map to a specific table or just the whole
DB?
<entitygroup xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/entitygroup.xsd">

    <entity-group group="org.ofbiz" entity="IS THIS A RANDOM NAME??"/>

    <entity-group group="org.ofbiz" entity="HOW MANY ENTITIES DO I NEED TO HAVE??ONE per
Datasource or ONE Per Schema???"/>

</entitygroup>

Kapil Garg

> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:04:51 -0700
> From: adrian.crum@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>
> You need to give your external datasource a group-name. Then in your external entity
definitions, assign the entities to that group.