ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From James McGill <james.mcg...@ableengineering.com>
Subject Re: SSL certificates for the OFBiz demo domains
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:21:47 GMT
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Sam Hamilton <sam@sh81.com> wrote:

> No - just the usual error messages you would expect to see if it were the
> self signed cert we currently have installed in the demo box.

On a related note, I wonder if anyone has a simple cookbook example for
authorizing a self-signed cert to all the clients in a controlled, in-house
enterprise environment.  We do not want to spend money on server certs for
what is strictly an internal application, but we have enough clients that it
is a problem to go through the steps of accepting a self-signed cert for
every user.  I have tried making an internal CA, but I never succeeded in
getting browsers to automatically accept the CA and not ask for validation
on the server certs.  I have complete control of the client, the server, and
the network, and I wish I could pre-load SSL authorization so that we have
the benefits of SSL other than the external CA part.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ