ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: how to View the Entities after Inducing msql DB
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:11:44 GMT
you do a view source of the resultant webpage, then copy and paste into
hot-deploy/mycomponetname/entitydef/entitymodel.xml
it is recomended you use
./ant create-component
this will put the necessary structure for you component in hot-deploy
next you need to clean up the entities that match your current DB.

you can use
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/ofbiz-tutorial-a-beginners-development-guide.html
as a reference.

=========================

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 11:52 AM:

> I d like to know what exact entities have been created .  Perhaps what has just happened
after successful induction? What does this induce do eventually?  What is the end result?Are
there a list of entities created mapped to tables in the database?Can I see them in webtools
under entity performance or somewhere? What all activities I could do with these entities
if at at all they are created? Can they be used in any other component? How so? If I were
to use them in Ecommerce component, do I need to add them in  that component's entity def
folder?

> Kapil Garg
>

>> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:46:26 -0700
>> From: bjfree@free-man.net
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: how to View the Entities after Inducing msql DB
>>
>> please explain more what you mean by view
>>
>> =========================
>> BJ Freeman
>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>
>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>

>> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 11:33 AM:
>>>
>>> Hello All
>>> I was able to induce successfully the database with some error for unknown primary
key without any group file or model file. I am not sure what was wrong with the

>>>    I need to now view the entities.
>>>
>>> HOw do I do it?
>>>

>>> Kapil Garg

I need to give? Does it map to some table name. IF I do create this file with entity attribute
then what do I need to put in entity-model.xml file for this entity?

it might be best to answer them one at a time.

and my instructions will do that. Once you have that working, we can move on to the other
questions.