ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:47:58 GMT
OTTB means you have not modified anything on which ever version you use.
by default the DB that will be created is derby.
for your experimentation, for inducing the entities this sufficient and
less confusing.

once you have done the
./ant run-install
then will have demo data in the derby DB and will not get any start up
errors.

add your data source you created "mysql".
then go to the induce link and it should work, using
mysql as the data source

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 7:32 AM:

> When your say OTTB ( as in Out of the box) are you referring to any trunk version number
for ofbiz?
> Also in your instruction below are you saying to add the datasource after running ant
run-install? I believe that run-install would run DBUtil code so wont be need to declare datasources
before running ant run-install?

> Regardless I am not able to connect to the DB. IS there a special jar file for mysql
driver for ofbiz?

> Kapil Garg
>

>> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 07:27:57 -0700
>> From: bjfree@free-man.net
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
>>
>> all my instructions are based on
>> 1) OTTB ofbiz
>> 2) ./ant run-install was completed successfully
>>
>> then you add your datasource.
>>
>> =========================
>> BJ Freeman
>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>
>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>

>> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 6:56 AM:
>>>
>>> I already tried that it gives Null pointer exception. I created an empty database
Ofbiz with ofbiz/ofbiz as credentials and used the normal localmysql that came in original
file, it still gives NullPointer Exception. For some reason at startup the DBUTIL is not getting
the connnectionURL paparmeter read from the entity-engine-xml file and hence it gives NullPounter
on this paramter.

>>> Is this somehting that is fixed in other release. I tried this on 10.4 as well
and got same NullpointerException and in debug the connection URL is not getting read from
the xml file. What else could be wrong? Any other suggestions. I am willing to try everything
to get this working. Worst Case I would be hardcoding but then it would create problem with
localderby as it needs to be read. Can localderby be copied to mysql?

>>> Kapil Garg

name for localderby as show below. However Now I am getting Null Pointer Exception
In DatabaseUtil.induceModelFromDB() method, there is a line of code this.getTableNames() which
is comming out tobe null? ANy idea why?Also the DBUTIL class is getting NULL value for connectionURL
paramter and the dirveName parameter is also coming out to be null.
from the helperName=localMysql which is howing correctly in debug variable list. AM I missing
anything here?

I create with a

Schema

IT says unrecognised
anything else?

from existing Schema

PM:

and tried using the link
the text box and clicking on
as localmysql or localderby, I
the default delegator, I got
Do I need to create a new
mysql I created below even if I am
data-source localmysql? Does it
something else within the

in Ofbiz from existing Schema

Automation<

12:09 PM:

within OFbiz out of an existing
this is the best way to create entties out
are welcomed!!

default delegator in

wrong. On restart, I realised
point that I can get webtools or even
stuck at soem point saying
Sync service..
but OFbiz does not go further with
wrong?
was no special entity-group.xml
Hence I did not bother to create an
are the entries I had in
entity-model-reader="main"

jndi-server-name="localjndi"
isolation-level="Serializable"/>        -->