ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:27:57 GMT
all my instructions are based on
1) OTTB ofbiz
2) ./ant run-install was completed successfully

then you add your datasource.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 6:56 AM:

> I already tried that it gives Null pointer exception. I created an empty database Ofbiz
with ofbiz/ofbiz as credentials and used the normal localmysql that came in original file,
it still gives NullPointer Exception. For some reason at startup the DBUTIL is not getting
the connnectionURL paparmeter read from the entity-engine-xml file and hence it gives NullPounter
on this paramter.

> Is this somehting that is fixed in other release. I tried this on 10.4 as well and got
same NullpointerException and in debug the connection URL is not getting read from the xml
file. What else could be wrong? Any other suggestions. I am willing to try everything to get
this working. Worst Case I would be hardcoding but then it would create problem with localderby
as it needs to be read. Can localderby be copied to mysql?

> Kapil Garg
>

>> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 06:27:18 -0700
>> From: bjfree@free-man.net
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
>>
>> I would suggest you return the entityengine.xml back to its original
>> configuration, add your mysql datasource as the only modification to the
>> file and try it again.
>>

>> =========================
>> BJ Freeman
>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>
>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 4:30 AM:
>>

>>> Hello Santosh
>>> The IllegalArgument exception went away after I put in a tenatant group name
for localderby as show below. However Now I am getting Null Pointer Exception
>>> GenericDAO.induceModelFromDB() calls DatabaseUtil.induceModelFromDB(). In DatabaseUtil.induceModelFromDB()
method, there is a line of code this.getTableNames() which is comming out tobe null? ANy idea
why?Also the DBUTIL class is getting NULL value for connectionURL paramter and the dirveName
parameter is also coming out to be null.
>>> Why is that? Hence th Nullpointer. I would imagine that this is read from the
helperName=localMysql which is howing correctly in debug variable list. AM I missing anything
here?

>>> Coudl you advise further as you seem to know about this?
>>>

>>> Kapil Garg

Schema

Schema

Do I need to create a new