ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:27:18 GMT
I would suggest you return the entityengine.xml back to its original
configuration, add your mysql datasource as the only modification to the
file and try it again.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Kapil garg sent the following on 10/30/2010 4:30 AM:

> Hello Santosh
> The IllegalArgument exception went away after I put in a tenatant group name for localderby
as show below. However Now I am getting Null Pointer Exception
> GenericDAO.induceModelFromDB() calls DatabaseUtil.induceModelFromDB(). In DatabaseUtil.induceModelFromDB()
method, there is a line of code this.getTableNames() which is comming out tobe null? ANy idea
why?Also the DBUTIL class is getting NULL value for connectionURL paramter and the dirveName
parameter is also coming out to be null.
> Why is that? Hence th Nullpointer. I would imagine that this is read from the helperName=localMysql
which is howing correctly in debug variable list. AM I missing anything here?

> Coudl you advise further as you seem to know about this?
>

> Kapil Garg
>

>> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:51:54 +0530
>> Subject: Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
>> From: santoshs.indore@gmail.com
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>>
>> *Hello  Kapil,
>> *Update your code, you are having two entries of same name it must look like
>>        <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
>> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
>> distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>>             <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="mysql"/>
>>             <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
>> datasource-name="localderbyolap"/>
>>             <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.tenant"
>> datasource-name="ocalderbytenant"/>
>>         </delegator>
>> now create database and execute commands for "clean-all" and "run-install"
>> Its done now.
>> *
>> Yours,
>>
>> Santosh Singh.*
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM, BJ Freeman<bjfree@free-man.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> just declare the datasource for you db.
>>>

>>> =========================
>>> BJ Freeman
>>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<
>>> http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>>
>>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>>

>>> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/29/2010 1:01 PM:

Schema

I got
Does it

Schema