ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:22:14 GMT
just declare the datasource for you db.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/29/2010 1:01 PM:

> Does that mean that I dont need to associate a datsource I create with a delagator ?
As in the datasource entry need  not have a group associated with it? or a delagator associated
with it?

> Kapil Garg
>

>> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:54:13 -0700
>> From: bjfree@free-man.net
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
>>
>> you did add more than the datasource
>> you make it default delegator.
>> this will cause the database to be updated with ofbiz schema
>>

>> =========================
>>
>> BJ Freeman
>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>
>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>

>> Kapil garg sent the following on 10/29/2010 12:45 PM:
>>>
>>> Yes I created only the datasource by putting an entry in the entity-engine.xml
file. I did not create anything else and intentionally put it in default delegator. Still
I am not ale to Induce. IT says unrecognised datasource. I also get Null Pointer exception
for localmysql datasource whose entry is already in there. DO I need to do anything else?

>>> Do I need to do ant run-install, restart before hitting induce?
>>>

>>> Kapil Garg

by putting in the datasource name in the text box and clicking on Induce. For existing datasources
name such as localmysql or localderby, I got a NullPointer Exception.
" unrecognized datasource" name sort of message. Do I need to create a new entity-group.xml
file  for the datasource mysql I created below even if I am using a default delagator similar
to the data-source localmysql? Does it need to be having group name org.ofbiz or something
else within the delegator tag?

schema in production. Not sure if this is the best way to create entties out of an existing
schema. Suggestions are welcomed!!

that ofbiz does not finish to the point that I can get webtools or even login for ecommerce.
IT has just stuck at soem point saying  ServiceDispatcher.java 584 INFO Sync service..
with complete laoding. Anything I am doing wrong?
file in the ofbiz 9_04 code base. Hence I did not bother to create an entity-group.xml file
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">

jndi-name="java:/MySqlDataSource" isolation-level="Serializable"/>     -->