ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Issues Creating Entities in Ofbiz from existing Schema
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:23:37 GMT
use mysql as the datasource
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/view/ModelInduceFromDb

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/29/2010 12:09 PM:

> I am trying to create a entities within OFbiz out of an existing schema in production.
Not sure if this is the best way to create entties out of an existing schema. Suggestions
are welcomed!!

> I tried to add a datasource tag in default delegator in entity-engine.xml
> Followed the instructions on
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data
> Would like to know where I am going wrong. On restart, I realised that ofbiz does not
finish to the point that I can get webtools or even login for ecommerce. IT has just stuck
at soem point saying  ServiceDispatcher.java 584 INFO Sync service..
> There is no exception or anything but OFbiz does not go further with complete laoding.
Anything I am doing wrong?
> Being a default delegaotr, there was no special entity-group.xml file in the ofbiz 9_04
code base. Hence I did not bother to create an entity-group.xml file
> My schema name is lronline, following are the entries I had in entity-engine.xml
>   <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main" entity-group-reader="main"
entity-eca-reader="main" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>          <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localderby"/>
>          <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap" datasource-name="localderbyolap"/>
>          <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="mysql"/>
>      </delegator>
>
> <datasource name="mysql"
>              helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
>              field-type-name="mysql"
>              check-on-start="true"
>              add-missing-on-start="true"
>              check-pks-on-start="false"
>              use-foreign-keys="true"
>              join-style="ansi-no-parenthesis"
>              alias-view-columns="false"
>              drop-fk-use-foreign-key-keyword="true"
>              table-type="InnoDB"
>              character-set="latin1"
>              collate="latin1_general_cs">
>          <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
>          <read-data reader-name="seed-initial"/>
>          <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
>          <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
>          <inline-jdbc
>                  jdbc-driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>                  jdbc-uri="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/lronlineonedb?autoReconnect=true"
>                  jdbc-username="root"
>                  jdbc-password=""
>                  isolation-level="ReadCommitted"
>                  pool-minsize="2"
>                  pool-maxsize="250"/>
>          <!--<jndi-jdbc jndi-server-name="localjndi" jndi-name="java:/MySqlDataSource"
isolation-level="Serializable"/>  -->