ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: JSPs taglibraries and war files witin hot-deploy
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:36:31 GMT
there is not enough information to evaluate what direction you should go.
a clarification Ofbiz is not a ECommerce centric application, like
OScommerce. It can not be easily "Added on" to existing applications.
The Ecommerce depends on the other applications for support and mostly
and UI and flow component.
To use Ofbiz you will have to go through the functionality you have now
and see if ofbiz already does this. If so then use ofbiz.

=========================

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Kapil garg sent the following on 10/29/2010 8:24 AM:

> Thanks for the response. I got it working in debug. I realised I was not starting with
right debug arguments.

> I have a questions for everyone, do we need to have FTL/Groovy skills for ofbiz or one
can use tag ibraries or JSPs within Ofbiz? Has anyon tried and got success using JSPs, war
files within hot-deploy and had major success?

> Our existing application is based on seam/jsf2 and jsp/tag libs. We cant discard what
we have as it is in production for quiet long, however we would like to incorporate ecommerce
application within ofbiz to have it running within the existing artifacts. Whats the best
way going forward. Redirect from existing tomcat to ofbiz but then jsps wont support the ofbiz
context nor would it return the right contaxt back and forsth etween tomcat and ofbiz?

> Has anyone had success to deploy war files within embedded tomcat of ofbiz?
>

> Kapil Garg
>

>> From: jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com
>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Issues while connecting Ofbiz eclipse in Debug Mode
>> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:16:13 +0200
>>
>> Kapil garg wrote:
>>> I tried runnning  on prompt using
>>> java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8091
-jar ofbiz.jar
>>> from the prompt. I am able to open ofbiz on 8080 but while connecting with eclipse
in Debug mode, it says

>>> connection refused, socket closed. Any hint?
>>
>> Try (simpler IMO) alternative
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Running+and+Debugging+OFBiz+in+Eclipse#RunningandDebuggingOFBizinEclipse-Debugging(orrunning)OFBizinEclipse
>>
>> But well... this is explained in the preamble, that's why I did not understand...
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>>> Kapil Garg
>>>

>>> From: gargkapil@hotmail.com
>>> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
>>> Subject: Issues while connecting Ofbiz eclipse in Debug Mode
>>> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:54:22 +1000
>>>

>>> Sorry I am trying to get my head around the documentation for connecting Eclipse
in Debug mode for Ofbiz.

>>> Folliwing the instructions
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Running+and+Debugging+OFBiz+in+Eclipse
>>>
>>> I added
>>> java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8091
-jar ofbiz.jar

>>> in the stortOfbix.bat and renamed it as StartDebugOfbiz.bat
>>>
>>> My question is after adding port 8091 as a debug port, would my application ecommerce
say for example need to open on
>>> locahost:8080/ecommerce or localhost:8090/ecommerce. After adding it is opening
on 8080. Is that correct?

>>> I was able to get my application started on 8080 after adding the debug line
in startup script and runnning the new starup script.

>>> I have added all the necessary configurations as listed in the link under Run==>DEbug
Configuration. After putting the right
>>> values and
>>> when I try to hit the run button with ecommerce application running on 8080,
I get VM connection refused errror dialog box in
>>> Eclipse.
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a specific version of eclipse that
needs to used? I am using 3.4.2 jee version.