ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: James
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:59:57 GMT
There are many considerations
My main one is human engineering.
So I ask myself
from a users point of view is is easier to have a external mail system
they can follow easily with a few config files or a system that requires
programming. That is a no brainer.
 From a production point of view do I really want to stop and start
ofbiz to do mail maintainence. Answer No.

If you not going to use a Third party Mail service you don't need the
spam, virus, and other mail filtering that is already in James.
the RFC for mail server pretty much explain the basics.
However till you see the real world effort to misuse the mailserver or
spammer and those that want to Jam up the Internet, you don't appreciate
what James does.

Baically you set up a dns Mx record that point to the server with the
mailserver on it.
the Mail server usually uses standard port to receive the Ehlo and Helo
queries.
That is when the real world step in and starts to mess with you mail server.

Just as a side note I run 150 threads to handle the Ehelo ahd Helo

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/8/2010 9:10 AM: