ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <d...@me.com>
Subject Re: JavaDocs
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:58:09 GMT

BTW, about that email from me: I don't think that is the best solution for the project in
general. It is a good option for individual developers and users, and maybe the best option
unless the project takes a different approach.

For example, it would be great to have separate URLs for different versions. If we went through
real design then develop phases then we could even put the version numbers in filenames or
something to make it REALLY clear, but that isn't how OFBiz is (or has been) run. We could
certainly go back and grab the XSDs from release branches and do something like what is proposed
below on the ofbiz web site, and then search/replace all of the XSD URLs in XML files to point
to the proper place for each branch. It would be a good improvement.

-David

On Sep 18, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Here is a pragmatic answer from David http://markmail.org/message/lbxf4jxallv7yngq
> And here another interesting (older) one which will please Chris
> http://markmail.org/message/dbit6lgsprx2eywu
>
> Also for Eclipse
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-UsinglocaleXSDfilesinsteadofOFBizremote(at
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <bjfree@free-man.net>
>> The xsd are covered by using the internal ones. 9.04 started some internal doc of
the xsd. and it has progress in trunk but not backwards.