ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From sumit pandit <meetsumit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how does showPortalPage.ftl works
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:02:52 GMT
Sending mail to user list. in plain text format.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM, sumit pandit <meetsumit002@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aayush,
>
> I guess if you wondered how UI is render then following might help you -
>
> Look at showPortalPage.ftl's code, where
> portalPageColumns is coming from entity - PortalPageColumn represent number of columns
that need to render under a portalPageId
> then portalPagePortlets is coming from entity - PortalPagePortletView where it contains
screen location which need to be render under certain block of matrix(row,column). You can
call your own screen at this point.

> Now if you want to know how this data is prepared please look at following -
>
>   <PortalPage portalPageId="ABC" sequenceNum="0" portalPageName="ABC Portal Page"
description="ABC" ownerUserLoginId="_NA_"/>
>     <PortalPageColumn portalPageId="ABC" columnSeqId="00001" columnWidthPercentage="100"/>
>
>     <PortletCategory portletCategoryId="ABC" description="ABC"/>
>     <PortalPortlet portalPortletId="ABCHeader"
>         portletName="ABC header"
>         screenName="ABCHeader"
>         screenLocation="component://ABC/widget/ABC/CommonScreens.xml"
>         description="ABC Header Portlet"
>         screenshot=""/>
>     <PortletPortletCategory portalPortletId="ABCHeader" portletCategoryId="ABC"/>
>
>     <PortalPortlet portalPortletId="ABCBody"
>         portletName="ABC body"
>         screenName="ABCBody"
>         screenLocation="component://ABC/widget/ABC/CommonScreens.xml"
>         description="ABC Body Portlet"
>         screenshot=""/>
>     <PortletPortletCategory portalPortletId="ABCBody" portletCategoryId="ABC"/>
>
>     <PortalPortlet portalPortletId="ABCFooter"
>         portletName="ABC footer"
>         screenName="ABCFooter"
>         screenLocation="component://ABC/widget/ABC/CommonScreens.xml"
>         description="ABC Footer Portlet"
>         screenshot=""/>
>     <PortletPortletCategory portalPortletId="ABCFooter" portletCategoryId="ABC"/>
>
>     <!-- Associating portlet with portal -->
>     <PortalPagePortlet portalPageId="ABC" portalPortletId="ABCHeader" portletSeqId="00001"
columnSeqId="00001" sequenceNum="0"/>
>     <PortalPagePortlet portalPageId="ABC" portalPortletId="ABCBody" portletSeqId="00002"
columnSeqId="00001" sequenceNum="0"/>
>     <PortalPagePortlet portalPageId="ABC" portalPortletId="ABCFooter" portletSeqId="00003"
columnSeqId="00001" sequenceNum="0"/>

> Where PortalPage represent a page, and here it contains one column (number of PortalPageColumn
records represent number of columns, if you want more column add more record). PortalPortlet
represent single block of  matrix. Here it contains 3 block. (That means Matrix contain 1
row and 3 column). Now PortalPagePortlet used to fix position of PortalPortlet, by assigning
row and columns, where portletSeqId is row.