ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ruth Hoffman <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Subject Re: Ofbiz WorkFlow Engine
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:06:49 GMT
  Hi Jacques:

I also got an email early this morning that the book has made it through
the (physical) publishing stage. From the information sent to me, it
wasn't clear that it was actually available for purchase. But, I guess
it is!

Thanks for doing this.

BTW, do you have Julian's contact info. (I'd like to talk to him about
doing something at ApacheCon to help promote OFBiz and the book(s)).

Regards,
Ruth

On 9/8/10 10:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi Ruth,
>
> I was contacted by Julian Copes, it's done for the wiki. 5% of the
> sales will go to the ASF as for the previous (and 1st) book on OFBiz
> by Packt. I have also updated things a bit to be more accurate
> (authors mostly).
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rhoffman@aesolves.com>
>> Hi Shi:
>>
>> Actually, it wasn't me who did that... at least not directly. This
>> was an effort I did for a client several years ago. My client may
>> have added it back to OSWorkflow but I didn't.
>>
>> As for the book - well its really up to PACKT. I finished up the
>> final draft edits a few weeks ago. PACKT told me that they were
>> getting ready to send it off to their publisher last week. I'm not
>> sure what the turn around time is. I guess if its not considered too
>> much of an advertisement, I'll make an announcement on this list as
>> soon as they tell me its ready.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ruth
>>
>> On 9/7/10 9:40 AM, Shi Jinghai wrote:
>>> Hi Ruth,
>>>
>>> Oh it's you. I saw the code in OSWorkflow on OFBiz integration and
>>> wonder who did it.
>>>
>>> Yes, it's not difficult to do such integration. jBPM is in LGPL, so the
>>> integration is not be able to contribute into OFBiz.
>>>
>>> BTW, I'm eager to read your book, but it's still pre-order. When
>>> will it
>>> come out?
>>> https://www.packtpub.com/apache-of-biz-cookbook-effective-recipes-for-of-biz/book

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Shi Jinghai/Beijing Langhua Ltd.
>>>
>>> 在 2010-09-07二的 08:46 -0400,Ruth Hoffman写道:

externally and<a