ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Matt Warnock <mwarn...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Employee Training Procedures
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 05:58:28 GMT
Ruth, I too have appreciated those books and am waiting on the
accounting book.  :-)

Just a suggestion, the books are very heavy on graphics, which 1)
increases the time to produce, 2) requires more bandwidth to download
and store, and 3) makes them rather quickly fall out of date (like the
current 4.0 series that came out after 9.04 was released, and the 9.04
update that perhaps barely preceeds the 10.04 release).  Some of the
walking us through the screens is invaluable, but some of it may be
overkill too.  That correct balance is probably different for everyone.

I think a little bit heavier on "this is how to approach the problem"
and "here are some of the variables in the business model you might want
to consider", especially where OFBiz diverges from or modifies
Silverston, and a little lighter on the actual screenshots might make
the books even more useful, and give them a longer shelf life and easier
revision cycle too.

Just my 2 cents.  Thanks again for some great intros to OFBiz.  And I
probably need to pick your brain again on some things. ;)
--
Matt Warnock <mwarnock@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.