ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jeremiah Christensen <...@paceap.com>
Subject Question about how to best handle stale returns.
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:48:35 GMT
My company sells a hardware device that occasionally need to be returned (RMA).

As a service, we cross ship a new device at the time the RMA is placed at no cost, telling
the user to send in the 'broken' device else eventually the RMA will be turned into a purchase
of the courtesy device.

In our current home-brewed ecommerce stuff, when the the RMA is determined to be stale, the
user is informed, and the order is changed in place to become a retail order. (That is, we
step on the fact that it was ever an RMA.)

This seems sub-optimal and we'd like to handle it better moving forward, but we are unsure
of how to deal with this scenario in OFBiz. Are there any recommendations or a best practice?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jeremiah Christensen