ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: CRM upgrade was how to make myself good at ofbiz
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:10:26 GMT
Good point about marketing. it and SFA are similar, in that they are
both marketing. some companies send out Mailers  then follow up with
phone canvasing. others do a email campaign then target those that
respond to the links. ofbiz now does not have a way to personalize links
to they can be tracked. maybe using the trackingnumber and partyID, but
I don't like using partyID. could use the contact Mech and make a new
type of electronic.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/13/2010 4:16 AM:
> Yes I agree with you BJ,
> CRM-> SFA, CS would be the way to go. Also don't forget we have the
> related Marketing component, maybe it should rather stay apart, as it's
> now? But some parts could be moved to a new CRM component. I think about
> Segments and Contact List.
>
> Sam,
> The reason I suggested to use a de facto standard is because people when
> evaluating will compare to it. And with the same but more maybe they
> could be inclined to choose more, if they need it. It's more a marketing
> strategy than anything really thought out. Because I got some prospects
> willing something like that. I don't know anything about kayako, but as
> ever with the Apache way, if you think it's better and have good
> arguments then we should of course discuss it. Could you please give the
> reasons you picked it (over SugarCRM if possible)
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <bjfree@free-man.net>
>> SFA is just part of CRM, so really it would be more like the
>> accounting you would CRM then subtabs for SFA CS(customer service)
>> they would all be one component but different webapps.
>> The Portlets would then borrow from the component based on the roles
>> of the login.
>>
>> Sam Hamilton sent the following on 8/13/2010 3:00 AM:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> We also thought that this would be the next logical step for us to move
>>> into OFBiz (and therefore build out) but not quite go as far as copying
>>> SugarCRM but first take one part and build that out to get the simpler
>>> stuff working first.
>>>
>>> I was thinking that this probably would be to make the issue tracking in
>>> SFA to work more efficiently - we get around 1,000 emails a day here so
>>> it would be a good test. I liked the features from
>>> http://www.kayako.com/demo/ so borrowed healivy from them for the
>>> requirements but the one thing I don't know is when I can get someone on
>>> it.
>>>
>>> I am wondering why though you want to build it in a new component rather
>>> than extend the existing SFA one when the foundations of replicated
>>> SugarCRM already exist?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Sam

User