ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Question about how to best handle stale returns.
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:27:09 GMT
take a look at shopping list re occurring orders.
http://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org:8080/ecommerce/control/editShoppingList
you can modify the OTTB so this is setup when a customer registers

Jeremiah Christensen sent the following on 8/3/2010 3:48 PM:
> My company sells a hardware device that occasionally need to be returned (RMA).
>
> As a service, we cross ship a new device at the time the RMA is placed at no cost, telling
the user to send in the 'broken' device else eventually the RMA will be turned into a purchase
of the courtesy device.

> In our current home-brewed ecommerce stuff, when the the RMA is determined to be stale,
the user is informed, and the order is changed in place to become a retail order. (That is,
we step on the fact that it was ever an RMA.)

> This seems sub-optimal and we'd like to handle it better moving forward, but we are unsure
of how to deal with this scenario in OFBiz. Are there any recommendations or a best practice?