ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Swapnil Sawant <Swapnil.Saw...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Help regarding migration services
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:17:40 GMT
Hi,

I have following queries while writing migration service/s :

1.       I have created two new rows in an existing entity. In this case, only exporting data
to XML should be done ?

2.       Functionality which I have implemented won't work with old data. In that case, how
migration process should be carried out ?

For example :

-          In my implementation, I am tracking leave applications against leave balance (i.e.
before creating a leave application ,his/her current balance would be checked)

-          When an already approved leave is rejected, corresponding 'no of leaves'(calculated
using a service) gets credited back to his/her balance

-          But,as per old data, there wont be any (stored) value for 'no of leaves'.

-          If at all I use  above service (for calculating no of leaves from existing dates),it
will give rise to inconsistency of data because 'calculated no of leaves' would not be calculated
against some 'leave balance'

Please guide me in this context.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Sawant

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s)
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify
the sender and delete it from your system.