ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:48:54 GMT
You can use Product Content (it's a tab when viewing a product in catalog), but you'll likely
need to add custom ProductContentTypes to reflect the types of documents you want to attach.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

On 6/07/2010, at 7:43 AM, Olivier Tremblay wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> I'm looking for a way to attach pdf files (or any type of files) to a product.
>
> I wish to be able to have our engineers link plans to parts, in such a way that it would
be very simple, viewing any product, to generate a list of all the parts required to build
it, and have access to all the plans for our guys at manufacturing. It would eventually be
useful for a client wanting to change a piece, I think.

> Up to now, I have dabbled in the "Content" application, but I don't think I have done
it right. I wanted to create a new content type, called "plans" or something, and be able
to upload that extra piece of information for each product based on the new content type I
created...

> The idea is that the engineers could just attach the files themselves with no intervention
on my part whatsoever. Am I on the right track? My googling around and searching on the mailing
list didn't seem to point directly to that, and/or suggested that I couldn't just configure
it on OFBiz out of the box without messing around with the code a little bit.