ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jonatan Soto <seniledemen...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple internal organizations on top
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:57:45 GMT
Hi all,

I have a few doubts on how Ofbiz handles internal organizations. My business
logic needs to setup two internal organizations at the top level. One is the
responsible for B2C operations (company1) and the other for B2B operations
(company2). Company1 has to purchase products from Company2 and then
Company2 has to replicate and split the PO to different providers. So
Company2 acts as a supplier of Company1. I did the following steps:

1. Create catalog1 for company1 (B2C web sales purposes)
2. Create catalog2 for company2 with exactly the same products (B2B)
3. Create a party1 and set up a relationship as employee to company2.
4. Create store1 for company1 with catalog1
5. Create store2 for company2 with catalog2

When I log in using party1 I'm able to see all catalogs and change the
default organization.  So the question is, how can I restrict the  access
and actions that belongs to a specific organization?
Note that I checked the code and I found some files (eg.
CatalogScreens.xml#FindProdCatalog) where I would be able to insert specific
business logic, but I don't know if it is possible to configure that without
touching the code.

Any suggestions/ideas of how to do it are very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

-----

Jonatan Soto