ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jonatan Soto <seniledemen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple internal organizations on top
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:45:48 GMT
Answering to myself....

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Jonatan Soto <seniledementia@gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually that's what I have done for now. What I need is to load different
> ext data to each tenant. So I am thinking if it is possible to create a
> different reader (eg: ext_Company1, ext_Company2).

It's done. Is was really easy, I had only to create a new entity-data-reader
in entityengine.xml and then split/adapt my existing ext data changing the
reader-name of every ofbiz-component.xml file that I've previously defined.
I guess I misunderstood the post I mentioned before where BJ was discussing
a similar situation.

> I also have another doubt related to the databases needed. As I followed
> the multitenancy support specified on the wiki I've created  a normal
> database (default), and the tetants databases (DEMO1, DEMO2). I understand
> that the default database is only necessary to store the tenants
> information, so I think it's mandatory to create it. Is that right? In that
> case, may I only create the default database specifying only
> the group-name="org.ofbiz.tenant" in the delegator?

I think I was absolutely wrong about this. As I can see, I believe the
default database might be used as normal. So I am thinking to use the
default database for Company1 and only one tenant for Company2. It would be
correct?

And again a new doubt raised, how can I synchronize data between databases?
I mean, there are several tables that I would like to synchronize (eg:
Product) so perhaps a good approach would be, firstly identify which
entities should be sync and then implement something (SECA's?) for each. Is
this a good solution or I am complicating myself?