ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Tremblay <oliviertrembla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:21:22 GMT
Just wondering, what would be the correct way to add a ProductContentType as
to permit what I'm trying to do? I messed around a bit in the interface, and
while there's a whole lot of stuff about Content Types in the Content
application, I'm not sure where to make the link between the content type in
question and the products.

2010/7/6 Olivier Tremblay <oliviertremblay86@gmail.com>

> Hi, thanks for the help, the point of including plans in the product is
> twofold:
>
> For ourselves, we want a place where the engineers can comment on, jot down
> notes, and much much more about the parts that make the final product, the
> final product being a machine. That way, the guys building the machine can
> refer to OFBiz directly for the plans, AND for any extra info and/or note
> the engineers thought fit for the part.
>
> For the clients, we need them to be able to view a part and order it. An
> image will probably do the trick for that, but for now we have our parts
> references in PDF's, for historical reasons. That and the client's "part
> plan" may include some notes.
>
> Sorry for any misunderstanding, I hadn't had time to clear that up until
> now.
>
> On 2010-07-05, at 21:48, BJ Freeman wrote:
>

> > I can't count the time I have misread an email.
> > :D
> >
> > =========================
> > BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
> > Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <
> http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
> > Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
> > Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
> >
> > Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
> >

> > Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 7/5/2010 5:57 PM:
> >> Hi BJ:
> >> Sorry, I completely got lost in the thread of the conversation. Not very
> >> good at following emails like this.
> >> Regards,
> >> Ruth

> They