ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Patrick <patrickinminneapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General login?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 15:30:07 GMT
Login to https://localhost:8443/myportal/control/main

or login as admin password ofbiz

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Olivier Tremblay
<oliviertremblay86@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm going to have to demo OFBiz tomorrow, I'm very glad to finally be able to play with
the software, and to start trying things out with it.

> Just wondering: Is there any way to login for the entire site, straight from the start?
Or can I set OFBiz to redirect me to a "home" if I try to log in an unauthorized page? (Currently
using 10.04)

> I tried to login in Party Manager with an account given only Catalog permissions, and
here is what I encountered:

> http://grab.by/grabs/8db0ec6b3720a574bdad11261b9b5183.png
>
> In my opinion, it is unclear from a user standpoint what exactly is happening here, and
why isn't something else happening. The account is registered, the login details are fine
too, and there is no mention on the page (save the address bar) that I'm currently trying
to login to the Party Manager application.

> I'm probably going to go with a custom root application that asks for a login, and then
just display a custom landing page for the user, showing him the applications he can use both
from the menu and with cute little icons, for the sake of simplicity. Might also modify the
menu to show the icons inside it. Enough rambling on, back to testing stuffs and preparing
my showcase for tomorrow!