ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Tremblay <oliviertrembla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General login?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:03:43 GMT
Thanks alot. I looked it up, and it kindof fits what I'm searching for. I think I'll have a
go at modifying it myself, eventually, but not for now.

On 2010-07-05, at 12:20, BJ Freeman wrote:

> myportal was designed to be the landing page for those loging in.
> you might want to study how myportal works.
> The concept is all information a person with a certian level of security  and roles will
get a certian set of pages in the myportal.
> there is one for customer and two for different type of employees.
> if you study the demo data for myportal and look at the myportal admin in webtools it
will get you going in the right idea.

> Olivier Tremblay sent the following on 7/5/2010 7:09 AM:
>

> =========================
> BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
> Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>
> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm going to have to demo OFBiz tomorrow, I'm very glad to finally be able to play
with the software, and to start trying things out with it.

>> Just wondering: Is there any way to login for the entire site, straight from the
start? Or can I set OFBiz to redirect me to a "home" if I try to log in an unauthorized page?
(Currently using 10.04)

>> I tried to login in Party Manager with an account given only Catalog permissions,
and here is what I encountered:

>> http://grab.by/grabs/8db0ec6b3720a574bdad11261b9b5183.png
>>
>> In my opinion, it is unclear from a user standpoint what exactly is happening here,
and why isn't something else happening. The account is registered, the login details are fine
too, and there is no mention on the page (save the address bar) that I'm currently trying
to login to the Party Manager application.

>> I'm probably going to go with a custom root application that asks for a login, and
then just display a custom landing page for the user, showing him the applications he can
use both from the menu and with cute little icons, for the sake of simplicity. Might also
modify the menu to show the icons inside it. Enough rambling on, back to testing stuffs and
preparing my showcase for tomorrow!