ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:29:13 GMT
Hi Olivier

ContentType and ProductContentType are largely independent of each other, the use of one doesn't
really dictate what you should use for the other.

ProductContentType could I guess be considered to be more of a "purpose" than a "type".

Assuming you only want to add new types during development, the best way is to add new seed
data to your hot-deploy component's data directory and then reference it in the ofbiz-component
file.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

On 7/07/2010, at 9:21 AM, Olivier Tremblay wrote:

> Just wondering, what would be the correct way to add a ProductContentType as
> to permit what I'm trying to do? I messed around a bit in the interface, and
> while there's a whole lot of stuff about Content Types in the Content
> application, I'm not sure where to make the link between the content type in
> question and the products.
>
> 2010/7/6 Olivier Tremblay <oliviertremblay86@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi, thanks for the help, the point of including plans in the product is
>> twofold:
>>
>> For ourselves, we want a place where the engineers can comment on, jot down
>> notes, and much much more about the parts that make the final product, the
>> final product being a machine. That way, the guys building the machine can
>> refer to OFBiz directly for the plans, AND for any extra info and/or note
>> the engineers thought fit for the part.
>>
>> For the clients, we need them to be able to view a part and order it. An
>> image will probably do the trick for that, but for now we have our parts
>> references in PDF's, for historical reasons. That and the client's "part
>> plan" may include some notes.
>>
>> Sorry for any misunderstanding, I hadn't had time to clear that up until
>> now.
>>
>> On 2010-07-05, at 21:48, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>

>>> I can't count the time I have misread an email.
>>> :D
>>>
>>> =========================
>>> BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
>>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <
>> http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>>> Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>>
>>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>>

>>> Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 7/5/2010 5:57 PM:

>> They
>> product
>> document.

albeit in a