ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building a New Website Using "ecommerce"
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:43:41 GMT
Best way to do it is to use the OFbiz extension model.

1. Create a new component in the hot-deploy either using 'ant
create-component' or manually.
2. Extend the controller.xml from e-commerce controller. Look at how
this is done for ecomclone application in the c-commerce componet.
3. Now you can add your own request-map/view-map to the controller. You
can also override the e-commerce request maps and view maps by adding
them with the same name.
4. Add the screens you wants int he widget folder. These screens will be
referred in your view maps
5. Add the freemarker templates you want to change. These freemarker
templates will be referred in your screens.

Following the above will help you to use the existing funcatinlaity of
e-commerce component and at the same time add your own changes. You can
keep this component in your local source repository.

Thanks,

Raj