ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Contributor branch Proposal, was: Contributor branches was: Attaching files to a product
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:06:03 GMT
one point I never intended the branch be merged into the trunk
it would remain a branch of contributions that users could integrate
back into their own copy.

Hans Bakker sent the following on 7/15/2010 1:59 AM:
> Shouldn't we do a proof of concept?
>
> I will volunteer to create and update a new branch for BJ to start and
> everyone who would like to contribute. When the people on this branch
> say they are ready we can judge what is there and/or provide suggestions
> for enhancement.
>
> After general consensus the branch will be merged into the trunk.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Regards,
> Hans
>

> On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 18:21 -0700, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Contributors+Branch+proposal
>>
>> BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/9/2010 11:07 PM:
>>> I am writing a proposal for Contributors branch.
>>> some of the points are:
>>> 1)components not continued to be supported in the specialpurpose get
>>> move to the contributors branch till interest is renewed.
>>> this would simplify maintaining the trunk but allow people to pull it
>>> down if they want to work on it.
>>> 2)there is no guarantee of the ofbiz community support of the
>>> contributions.
>>> 3)people can test the contribution and may vote to include it in the trunk.