ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Cancelling an order in Ecommerce
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:11:26 GMT
I am always amazed at how you spin things david.

David E Jones sent the following on 7/14/2010 5:22 PM:

> Actually, in spite of what BJ says there is nothing that makes the release branches more
bug-free than the trunk. Well, nothing unless people work to make it so. Release branches
just change less so it is easier to fix bugs without having to deal with as much of a possibility
of new bugs being introduced.

> In other words the release branches are only as good as those who use them make them
to be. Unfortunately the release branches don't tend to attract as many contributors as the
trunk, so the irony is that in many cases the trunk is more bug-free than the release branches.

> In other words, stable in no way means the same thing as bug-free, and the irony is that
in fact too much "stability" keeps bugs from being fixed.