ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 01:33:13 GMT
my goal has always been to have this ofbiz do this. it has never been my
intent to have a seperate ofbiz. Nor am I promoting mine.
my problem up to now has been acceptance and resources.
I see the winds changing on acceptance and I have gotten the resources.
if you note I suggest years ago to have contributor branches.
Had that happened I would have contributed to it instead of create mine.
I see the equivalent of contributor branch happening more like the
Current Hippo branch.
so if someone wants to open a branch I can just submit to, it would be
faster, however i am happy to provide Jiras.
so if the Jiras I put patches in are accepted then the ofbiz will work
the same as the one I have.
Note my first major move to accomplish this

Scott Gray sent the following on 7/9/2010 5:18 PM:
> On 10/07/2010, at 1:06 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> a product is more of a marketing item
>> a part is a description of a function
>> they vary for engineering and manufacturing. Engineering does not assign a commercial
product to the part where manufacture may list many actual purchase parts that will never
be sold individually.
>> I see in the model book the one I implemented is the alternative and more extensive
model.

> Congratulations, where can I download a copy of this BJBiz?  Please try and keep in mind
that we are discussing OFBiz in this mailing list, not your derivative of it.