ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: News: Democrats push for new Internet sales taxes
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:26:27 GMT
each state is required to have a database of taxes for the wireless
industry.
The Washington State legislature adopted the Mobile Telecommunication
Sourcing Act (the Act), chapter 67, laws of 2002. The Act implements
federal legislation that establishes uniform rules for determining the
place of sale of mobile telecommunication services (wireless telephone
service).
so they provide a GIS database.
http://dor.wa.gov/content/FindTaxesAndRates/wiredownload.aspx
I expect other states will provide the same soon.
http://www.nga.org/cda/files/001129WIRELESS.pdf
ofbiz is capable of storing this info as it is laid out.
it is good down to zip+4

the only thing left is to find all the URL for downloads and make the
appropriate import datafile for them.

following the zipsales example of pulling in the data.
in my case i already had a tax base that I implemented in ofbiz as a SAS.
the ofbiz service follows more the taxware way to communicate with my
SAS server.

BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Mike Z sent the following on 7/7/2010 7:30 AM: