ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 23:40:34 GMT
how does product content relate to a part that makes up a product?

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Scott Gray sent the following on 7/5/2010 2:48 PM:
> You can use Product Content (it's a tab when viewing a product in catalog), but you'll
likely need to add custom ProductContentTypes to reflect the types of documents you want to
attach.

> Regards
> Scott
>
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> On 6/07/2010, at 7:43 AM, Olivier Tremblay wrote:
>
>> Hi again!
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to attach pdf files (or any type of files) to a product.
>>
>> I wish to be able to have our engineers link plans to parts, in such a way that it
would be very simple, viewing any product, to generate a list of all the parts required to
build it, and have access to all the plans for our guys at manufacturing. It would eventually
be useful for a client wanting to change a piece, I think.

>> Up to now, I have dabbled in the "Content" application, but I don't think I have
done it right. I wanted to create a new content type, called "plans" or something, and be
able to upload that extra piece of information for each product based on the new content type
I created...

>> The idea is that the engineers could just attach the files themselves with no intervention
on my part whatsoever. Am I on the right track? My googling around and searching on the mailing
list didn't seem to point directly to that, and/or suggested that I couldn't just configure
it on OFBiz out of the box without messing around with the code a little bit.