ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ruth Hoffman <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 23:17:33 GMT
Hi Olivier:
I did a write up that addressed this very topic, albeit in a cursory
fashion. You will need to go to http://www.myofbiz.com and take a look
at the Catalog Manager book.

Regards,
Ruth Hoffman

Olivier Tremblay wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I'm looking for a way to attach pdf files (or any type of files) to a product.
>
> I wish to be able to have our engineers link plans to parts, in such a way that it would
be very simple, viewing any product, to generate a list of all the parts required to build
it, and have access to all the plans for our guys at manufacturing. It would eventually be
useful for a client wanting to change a piece, I think.

> Up to now, I have dabbled in the "Content" application, but I don't think I have done
it right. I wanted to create a new content type, called "plans" or something, and be able
to upload that extra piece of information for each product based on the new content type I
created...

> The idea is that the engineers could just attach the files themselves with no intervention
on my part whatsoever. Am I on the right track? My googling around and searching on the mailing
list didn't seem to point directly to that, and/or suggested that I couldn't just configure
it on OFBiz out of the box without messing around with the code a little bit.