ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: General login?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:38:08 GMT
if you use the security and roles
the only thing you wold have to do is make the portlets of the
information you want.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Olivier Tremblay sent the following on 7/5/2010 12:03 PM:
> Thanks alot. I looked it up, and it kindof fits what I'm searching for. I think I'll
have a go at modifying it myself, eventually, but not for now.

> On 2010-07-05, at 12:20, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> myportal was designed to be the landing page for those loging in.
>> you might want to study how myportal works.
>> The concept is all information a person with a certian level of security  and roles
will get a certian set of pages in the myportal.
>> there is one for customer and two for different type of employees.
>> if you study the demo data for myportal and look at the myportal admin in webtools
it will get you going in the right idea.

>> Olivier Tremblay sent the following on 7/5/2010 7:09 AM:
>>

>> =========================
>> BJ Freeman<http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
>> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
>> Specialtymarket.com<http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>>
>> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I'm going to have to demo OFBiz tomorrow, I'm very glad to finally be able to
play with the software, and to start trying things out with it.

>>> Just wondering: Is there any way to login for the entire site, straight from
the start? Or can I set OFBiz to redirect me to a "home" if I try to log in an unauthorized
page? (Currently using 10.04)

>>> I tried to login in Party Manager with an account given only Catalog permissions,
and here is what I encountered:

>>> http://grab.by/grabs/8db0ec6b3720a574bdad11261b9b5183.png
>>>
>>> In my opinion, it is unclear from a user standpoint what exactly is happening
here, and why isn't something else happening. The account is registered, the login details
are fine too, and there is no mention on the page (save the address bar) that I'm currently
trying to login to the Party Manager application.

>>> I'm probably going to go with a custom root application that asks for a login,
and then just display a custom landing page for the user, showing him the applications he
can use both from the menu and with cute little icons, for the sake of simplicity. Might also
modify the menu to show the icons inside it. Enough rambling on, back to testing stuffs and
preparing my showcase for tomorrow!