ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Help regarding migration services
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:17:25 GMT
here is how the Agreement model should be setup
Agreements is to specify when leaves should happen like every 6 months,
or so many hours leave for so many hours worked.

In migration, if you want a audit trail, you will need to reconstruct
the rules of how the leave was calculated for a given period.
if the rules are the same as current then there is no reconstruction
necessary.

the model for figuring leave

A service calculates and updates partybenifits.availabletime, for
partybenfits.from to partybenfits.thru, of the partybenfits.benefittype
of leave, based on the Agreement. I suggest a nightly run service to do
this.

As the partybenfits.benefittype of leave is used for partybenfits.from
to partybenfits.thru the partybenfits.availabletime field is decremented
till zero or the partybenfits.thru is reached.

if the partybenfits.thru date is past the current date, then what is
left in the available time is no longer usable. if the
partybenfits.Fromdate is a date in the future it can not be used in
calculating current partybenfits.benefittype of leave for the party.

Old leave is specified with the partybenfits.availabletime, if not all
used, with  partybenfits.from to partybenfits.thru  as to when it was
available.
using this model will not cause a conflict.

the migration service will only run once.

I have simplified the explantion for clarity.
in acutual use you will find the partyID.roletype employee
partiesrelationship.roletype employment related to agreement(s) and
partybenefits. these would be entityviews.

There is normally only one agreement,with many agreementItems. There are
many partybenefits records per partyID.roletype employee with a
partyrelatiohship.type of employement.

Hope that helps

Swapnil Sawant sent the following on 7/1/2010 8:59 PM:

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

> Hi BJ,
>
> I have following concerns in migration service you have mentioned below :
>
>          - In old data, we may see that different employees had taken different number
of leaves for different number of                   times. Hence, its not feasible to decide
upon some fixed count(leave balance) which would go into agreement data        which migration
service would prepare.

>          For example,
>
>            agreement data like total number of leaves is difficult  to be put using migration
service for old leave                        applications because while writing migration
services we may not know as to how to adjust all older leave               applications into
fixed set of agreements(by default 2 i.re. for permanent and contractual) i.e what would
            be the exact value for 'total number of leaves' considering 'how many times an
employee might have taken leaves         in past'

> Problem which I see over here is :
>
>            After new leave functionality comes into picture, our leave apps would be
aligned as per leave balance. But, older leave apps would have different 'no. of leaves and
available time per employee' .

> Thanks&  regards,
>
> Swapnil Sawant

agreements (permanent and contractual)
>>           - Agreements would be applied to employee/s and thereby he/she would get
some leave balance
>>           - Whenever an employee creates new leave application, leave balance would
be checked.
>>           - Depending on leave balance, leave application may or may not be created
>>
>> In short, I have implemented 'leave balance check' functionality.
>>
>>           Now, lets consider old data. We may find that different employees had applied
for different number of leaves in total(e.g. empl1 had applied for 40,empl2 had applied for
50 leaves till now ) . So when newly added functionality would be applied to 'such old data'
conflicts will be seen in data (as you can not keep on creating new agreements specific to
employee to cop-up with no of leaves created by him/her)

>>           Please suggest how to tackle this situation.
>>

>> Thanks&   regards,
>>
>> Swapnil Sawant

exporting data to XML should be done ?

>>> 2.       Functionality which I have implemented won't work with old data. In
that case, how migration process should be carried
>>> out ?
>>>
>>> For example :
>>>

>>> -          In my implementation, I am tracking leave applications against leave
balance (i.e. before creating a leave application
>>> ,his/her current balance would be checked)
>>>
>>> -          When an already approved leave is rejected, corresponding 'no of leaves'(calculated
using a service) gets credited
>>> back to his/her balance
>>>
>>> -          But,as per old data, there wont be any (stored) value for 'no of leaves'.
>>>
>>> -          If at all I use  above service (for calculating no of leaves from
existing dates),it will give rise to inconsistency
>>> of data because 'calculated no of leaves' would not be calculated against some
'leave balance'

>>> Please guide me in this context.
>>>

>>> Thanks&   Regards,
>>>
>>> Swapnil Sawant

>>> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended
recipient (s) If you are not the intended
>>> recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender
and delete it from your system.