ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: TaxWare status of 9.04
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:17:30 GMT
taxware as it is in the svn need to be updated to one of the current ADP
packages
http://www.adp.com/solutions/employer-services/sales-and-use-tax.aspx
I am not sure about zipsales
http://tax.cchgroup.com/sales-tax-rates/

as an alternative:
by structuring the GL you can break down taxes to the taxing
jurisdiction code.
a report page would have to be created to generate the state taxing
jurisdiction code reports that they need.

once you modify the GL, add entities to import the data from Washington
state, and Create the report pages, will have a base package.
you can import from
http://dor.wa.gov/content/FindTaxesAndRates/Downloads.aspx
and make it a service that pulls this data quarterly into ofbiz.
you can use the taxware datafile as examples on how to do this.

you can also create a seperate datasource in ofbiz so you can put this
on a seperate DB server for speed.
the advantantage is you don't have to be concerned about internet delays
to get you tax info. this speeds up you check out process.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Mike Z sent the following on 7/1/2010 4:19 PM: